Lower Mainland Ringette is continuing to develop and pilot its “train-the-trainer” ringette goaltender coaching program. The next workshop will take place:
- Monday, September 30th
- Aldergrove Community Arena: 27032 Fraser Hwy, Aldergrove, BC V4W 3P6
- 6—8 pm
- $10/coach— RSVP to Eric Clapp (Fraser Valley Ringette) at firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2-hour workshop is intended for coaches, goalie instructors and goalie instructors in-training who would like to learn some basic and common concepts, skills and drills to use when working with ringette goaltenders. Pick the brains of local ringette goaltenders Some questions we’ll answer are:
- How do we make the position of ringette goaltender fun and attractive for everyone?
- How do we keep players in the position?
- What is different between ringette and hockey goaltending?
- What are the basics of goaltending, what are some good drills?
- How do we develop and hone goaltending excellence?
- How should equipment fit?
This course is run by Shannon Bettles, former ringette national team goaltender with help from skilled and experienced ringette and hockey goaltenders, youth goalie instructors, goaltenders and coaches from the Lower Mainland. The pilot program is still in development. If you would like to participate in the program development or hold one in your association, contact our Director of Athlete Development Dani Brassington: email@example.com.